STARTING A DofE CENTRE IN CAMBRIDGESHIRE
Who can start a new DofE Centre
Under the Cambridgeshire County Council licence the following organisations may apply to start a DofE Centre:
- Local Authority Schools
- Local Authority Pupil Referral Units (PRUs)
- Sixth Form / Regional Colleges
- Independent Schools
- Voluntary youth organisations* (But not uniformed youth groups - see below)
- Private sector companies
* Uniformed youth groups have their own licence arrangements and should contact their Headquarters for more information.
Unfortunately we cannot issue licences to individuals not attached to any of the above.
Organisations not listed above should contact the DofE Central England Region office on
Is there a cost?
Yes there is an annual licence fee which is renewable on April 1st each year. This covers administration, some free or discounted training and free materials.
What training will the person starting the DofE Centre require?
The person taking the lead (known as the "Centre Co-ordinator") will need to do the following:
- An online induction module which can be accessed free of charge at: https://www.dofe.org/dofetraining.
- A two hour one-to-one induction session with the DofE Manager
- A one day introduction to the DofE course - for details of available courses in this area visit the Central England Region webpage at: http://www.dofe.org/en/content/cms/takepart/notice-boards/central-england/training/
There is other training available and the Centre Co-ordinator will need to hold appropriate expedition qualifications if he/she will be leading expeditions - See the training page for more information about leader training requirements.
How do I get started?
The first stage is to contact the county DofE office and the DofE Manager will then arrange a time to come and discuss everything. You can contact us on 01223 715492 or drop an email to: